> I still think the only *real* obstacle remains the lack of important
> packages such as twisted, gevent and pika which haven't been ported yet.

twisted core works on python 3, right now. Contribute to Twisted if
you want to port more code... Or start something new, asyncio (with
trollius, it works on Python 2 too).

The develpoment branch of gevent supports Python 3, especially if you
dont use monkey patching. Ask the developers to release a version, at
least with "experimental" Python 3 support.

I don't know pika. I read "Pika Python AMQP Client Library". You may
take a look at https://github.com/dzen/aioamqp if you would like to
play with asyncio.

> With those ones ported switching to Python 3 *right now* is not only
> possible and relatively easy, but also convenient.

 Victor