On 15 January 2015 at 07:35, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2015, at 4:19 PM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>
> But as Guido pointed out, we _like_ it being difficult to do because we
> don't want this kind of substitution happening as code ends up depending on
> bugs and quirks that you may fix.
>
> Not all of us, I hate the default order of sys.path.

It's mostly an opinion that arises from debugging other people's
problems after they've managed to import the wrong thing without
realising it (cf. the "don't use 'socket.py' as the name of your
script for learning about how TCP sockets work" problem). We're aware
that annoys power users, but they're far better equipped to handle the
problem than if we inverted the situation.

Cheers,
Nick.