On 10 Feb 2015 08:13, "Benjamin Peterson" <benja...@python.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 16:34, Ethan Furman wrote:

and

> > > The PEP is not even accepted.
> >
> > I believe somebody (Guido?) commented "Why worry about accepting the PEP
> > when there's no working patch?"  -- or
> > something to that effect.
>
> On the other hand, I'd rather not do detailed reviews of patches that
> won't be accepted. :)

It's more a matter of the PEP being acceptable in principle, but a
reference implementation being needed to confirm feasibility and to iron
out corner cases.

For example, the potential for arcane call arguments suggests the need for
a PEP 8 addition saying "first standalone args, then iterable expansions,
then mapping expansions", even though syntactically any order would now be
permitted at call time.

Cheers,
Nick.