In a message of Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:44:20 +0000, Paul Moore writes:
>On 24 February 2015 at 16:30, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>> Tell people to use pip. Having ensurepip in Python 2.7 and 3.4 makes it as
>> official as anything will be as the recommended tool to install projects.
>> Otherwise easy_install has nothing to do directly with python-dev so I don't
>> think we can comment on a group as to what people should do in terms of
>> bugs, etc.
>
>Bug reports would go to the setuptools project, but I agree, "use pip"
>is a better suggestion. And if pip won't work, it would be good to
>know why.
>
>Paul

I want to recommend that people not use easy_install.  This has
been my personal preferred solution for many years now.  But I did
not want to say such a thing if there was a known use case, one that
I never have, that made easy_install better.

Ok. will go back to my personal integrity which matches what python-dev
recommends.  Thank you for answering.

Laura (answering questions in python-list and as webmaster)