On 10 March 2015 at slightly after midnight. Paul Moore wrote:

> Personally I doubt it would make much difference. If the docs say
> "pygmentize" I'm unlikely to dig around to find that the incantation
> "python -m pygments.somemodule:main" does the same thing using 3 times
> as many characters. I'd just add Python to my PATH and say stuff it.

There is value in getting the incantation down to a single (preferably
short) line, because then it can be used as a shortcut.  That means it
can be created as a shortcut at installation time, and that someone
writing their own batch file can just cut and paste from the shortcut
properties' target.  Not as simple as just adding to the path, but
simpler than adding several directories to the path, or modifying other
environment variables, or fighting an existing but conflicting python
installation already on the path.

-jJ

--

If there are still threading problems with my replies, please
email me with details, so that I can try to resolve them.  -jJ