> On May 12, 2015, at 3:57 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> wrote:
>
> In a user based installation (which most applications shipping
> their own Python installation are), you can always do this
> provided you can gain the application user permissions.

Of course, if the application is shipping it’s own Python then
it has to actually do something to update to 2.7.9 and it can
add it’s own option to disable TLS verification. I personally
think that the application providing that option is the *right* way
and all these other things are, at best, just temporary shims until
the applications do that.

---
Donald Stufft