> On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:20 AM, Steve Dower <steve.do...@python.org> wrote:
>
>> On 29Sep2015 0820, Chris Barker wrote:
>> OK -- I'm going to get off my soap box now -- time to actually suggest
>> doc patches....
>
> Just bear in mind that you're suggesting patches for Python 3.3 and 3.4,
> which means that 3.4.4 is the only real chance to get them onto people's
> machines.

I don't expect to get it onto anyone's machine -- does anyone download
docs anymore?

> http://docs.python.org/ already points to the 3.5 docs by default, which
> means only people who explicitly look for the earlier versions will see the
> changes.

Well, if your trying to build an extension for 3.4, hopefully you'll
think to look at 3.4 docs.

But good point -- the 3.5 docs should have a note saying that the
requirements are different than older releases.

> You don't really have a huge audience, so I wouldn't invest large amounts of
> time in the official docs. A couple of well-publicised blog posts will reach
> more people.

Not on my blog.....

At this point, I think the Cython Wiki us the best place to point
people, but really, less than ideal.

-CHB