There was a discussion a while ago about python 3 and the attitude on
social media and there was a lack of examples. Here is one example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/3nl5ut/ninite_the_popular_website_to_install_essential/

According to some people, it is everybodys job to promote python 3 and
force people to upgrade. This is really not something I enjoy (people
telling me pypy should promote python 3 - it's not really our job).

Now I sometimes feel that there is not enough sentiment in python-dev
to distance from such ideas. It *is* python-dev job to promote
python3, but it's also python-dev job sometimes to point out that
whatever helps in promoting the python ecosystem (e.g. in case of pypy
is speed) is a good enough reason to do those things.

I wonder what are other people ideas about that.

Cheers,
fijal