From: Python-Dev on behalf of Brett Cannon
Date: Monday, November 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM
To: python-dev
Subject: [Python-Dev] Benchmark results across all major Python implementations

I gave the opening keynote at PyCon CA and then gave the same talk at PyData
NYC on the various interpreters of Python (Jupyter notebook of my presentation
can be found at bit.ly/pycon-ca-keynote<http://bit.ly/pycon-ca-keynote>; no
video yet). I figured people here might find the benchmark numbers interesting
so I'm sharing the link here.

I'm still hoping someday speed.python.org<http://speed.python.org> becomes a
thing so I never have to spend so much time benchmarking so may Python
implementations ever again and this sort of thing is just part of what we do to
keep the implementation ecosystem healthy.