On 18.12.2015 22:09, Guido van Rossum wrote:
I guess we could make the default arg to sleep() 1e9. Or make it None and special-case it. I don't feel strongly about this -- I'm not sure how baffling it would be to accidentally leave out the delay and find your code sleeps forever rather than raising an error (since if you don't expect the infinite default you may not expect this kind of behavior). But I do feel it's not important enough to add a new function or method.

Why still guessing the best surrogate for infinity?

Seems like python is just missing int('inf'). :/

Best,
Sven