On 01.02.2016 19:28, Brett Cannon wrote:
A search for [stack vs register based virtual machine] will get you some information.

Alright. :) Will go for that.

You aren't really supposed to yet. :) In Pyjion's case we are still working on compatibility, let alone trying to show a speed improvement so we have not said much beyond this mailing list (we have a talk proposal in for PyCon US that we hope gets accepted). We just happened to get picked up on Reddit and HN recently and so interest has spiked in the project.

Exciting. :)

    So, it could be that we will see a jitted CPython when Pyjion
    appears to be successful?

The ability to plug in a JIT, but yes, that's the hope.

Okay. Not sure what you mean by plugin. One thing I like about Python is that it just works. So, plugin sounds like unnecessary work.