> On Feb 27, 2016, at 14:21, Alexander Walters <tritium-l...@sdamon.com> wrote:
>
> Can we even ask github to pull it down and reasonably expect them to comply?
> Their entire model is built on everyone forking everyone else.

As a data point — I had a pretty good experience with GitHub helping me out
when I was trying to reclaim an organization using my company name. In that
case it turned out that they just gave me the contact for the person and I
worked it out from there, but it’d seemed like they were willing to take a
more… forceful approach if it was needed.

Perhaps the better / easier solution is to promote the *real* “Sem-official
read-only mirror of the Python Mercurial repository” [1] ? And perhaps this
goes away entirely (in time) with PEP-512 [2]?

[1] https://github.com/python/cpython <https://github.com/python/cpython>
[2] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0512/
<https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0512/>