On 06.04.16 01:41, Brett Cannon wrote:
After a rather extensive discussion on python-ideas about
pathlib.PurePath not inheriting from str, another point that came up was
that the use of pathlib has been rather light. Unfortunately even the
stdlib doesn't really use pathlib because it's currently marked as
provisional (or at least that's why I haven't tried to use it where
possible in importlib).

Do we have a plan of what is required to remove the provisional label
from pathlib?

The behavior of the Path.resolve() method likely should be changed with breaking backward compatibility. There is an open issue about this.