On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't looked at your sandbox but for a different approach try this one:
>
>   L = [None]
>   L.extend(iter(L))
>
> On my Linux machine that doesn't just crash Python.

For the record: don't try this if you have unsaved files open on your
computer, because you will lose them. When I typed these two lines
into the Py3.5 interactive prompt, it completely and totally froze
Windows to the point that nothing would respond and I had to resort to
the old trick of holding the power button down for five seconds to
forcibly shut the computer down.

Fortunately, I made extra certain everything was fully saved before I
opened the Python interpreter, so I'm not TOTALLY dumb. :-P