On 2016-04-14 4:42 PM, Armin Rigo wrote:
Hi Victor,

On 14 April 2016 at 17:19, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Each time a dictionary is created, the global
version is incremented and the dictionary version is initialized to the
global version.
A detail, but why not set the version tag of new empty dictionaries to
zero, always?   Same after a clear().  This would satisfy the
condition: equality of the version tag is supposed to mean "the
dictionary content is precisely the same".

So

{}.version_tag == {}.version_tag == 0
{'a':1}.version_tag != {'a':1}.version_tag

right?

For my patches I need globally unique version tags
(making an exception for empty dicts is OK).

Yury