Hi,

I'm unable to count the number of threads about the fspath protocol.
It's even more difficult to count the total number of emails. IMHO
everyone had enough time to give him/her opinion. We even had multiple
summaries :-)

Can you please wait for a PEP? Brett Canon and Ethan Furman are
working on a PEP. So please give them time to write it.

The PEP should summarize the discussion and help a lot to make
concrete progress on the design (avoid restarting to discuss the same
points forever). I don't expect that more emails would add anything at
the current state of the discussion.

I think that we have enough other topics to discuss in the meanwhile ;-)

FYI there is already an article about fspath/pathlib on LWN. Here is a
free link until the article is freely accessible:

"Python looks at paths" By Jake Edge (April 13, 2016)
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/683350/4f52334af09653c8/

Victor