I wonder if this patch could just be rejected instead of lingering
forever? It clearly has no champion among the current core devs and
therefore it won't be included in Python 3.6 (we're all volunteers so
that's how it goes).

The use case for the patch is also debatable: Python's parser wasn't
designed to *efficiently* parse huge data tables like that, and if you
have that much data, using JSON is the right answer. So this doesn't
really scratch anyone's itch except of the patch author (Artyom).

From a quick look it seems the patch is very disruptive in terms of
what it changes, so it's not easy to review.

I recommend giving up, closing the issue as "won't fix", recommending
to use JSON, and moving on. Sometimes a change is just not worth the
effort.

--Guido

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)