> I'm being flippant here because of the triviality of the change. Anyone
> using Py_VA_COPY or Py_MEMCPY can fix their code in a backwards and
> forwards compatible manner in 7 seconds with a sed command.

Python 3 had the same argument with 2to3: run 2to3 once, and you are
done. C99 is a new thing for Python >= 3.6, but when you want to
support Python 2.7 and 3.5, you are stuck at Visual Studio 2010 which
is less happy with C99 than VS 2015...

Hum, I don't recall if Python 2.7 requires VS 2010 or 2008? Python 2.7
doesn't seem to be mentioned in the dev guide :-/
https://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html#windows-compiling

Victor