On 04-Jun-16 10:12, Sebastian Krause wrote:
Sounds good for features that are well-supported by compilers that
>people use. (Are there other compilers used than just GCC and MSVC?)
Just thought I'd mention that "little ole me" is using IBM vac on AIX rather than gcc. This has more to do with maintaining the gcc rte requirements of anything built by gcc rather compiler features.

There is one gcc compiler feature that has proved a show-stopper - constructor - in glibc (Gnome). There they also make an exception for Windows, but not for "other" compilers.

FYI: calling the IBM C compiler as c99 magically makes it c99 compliant, as xlc makes it c99 plus several extensions - and take note - as cc it is "pre-c89". In other words, calling IBM compiler as "cc" is not a wise thing to do - I recommend to anyone listing to use either "xlc" or "xlc_r".

Michael