On 2 January 2017 at 18:27, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:

> So I guess that yeah, my suggestion would be to drop this feature
> entirely in 3.7, given that it's never been enabled by default and has
> been largely broken for years. Or do we still need a full deprecation
> cycle?

I think the existing warning in the docs and the fact it's apparently been
fundamentally broken for years is sufficient justification for just
dropping it entirely. An explicit deprecation warning could be added in
3.6.1 and a Py3k warning in 2.7.x, though - those changes shouldn't be
difficult, and it's a nice courtesy for anyone that *is* somehow currently
getting it to work.

Cheers,
Nick.