(Oops, I didn't notice that we started to talk off the list, let's
discuss that in python-dev please.)

I don't see the point of optimizing "pickle/unpickle pure python"
benchmark on Python 3. This benchmark doesn't make sense on Python 3,
since I don't know anyone using the pure Python pickle. The C
accelerator is now used by default.

I already proposed to remove this benchmark:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/speed/2017-April/000554.html

*but* Antoine Pitrou mentionned that the cloudpickle project uses it.

Maybe we should try to understand what's wrong with _pickle (C module)
for cloudpickle?

Victor