Hi Brett,

On 18.08.17 18:31, Brett Cannon wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 02:05 Christian Tismer <tis...@stackless.com
> <mailto:tis...@stackless.com>> wrote:

>     Is it a bad idea to support signatures in Python 2 as well?
>     Do I introduce a feature that should not exist in Python 2?
>     Or is it fine to do so?
>
>     Please let me know your opinion, I am happy with any result.
>

> If you're getting paid to do the port then I don't think it really hurts
> anything since it isn't going to magically open Python 2 to more usage.
> In fact, if you are filling in the annotation information so that type
> hints are being exposed then maybe there's a chance it might help
> someone port to Python 3?

Well, I took extra precautions to make sure that existing PyCFunctions
are not affected in any way. The new types are clones of the original
types, and only PySide sees the additional attribute for it's functions.

So, no, I don not create magically signatures for Python 2 functions.

But I really warned my customer that the feature might not be welcomed
for Python 2, and we might only enable it internally for testing.

As said, I'm happy with either answer.

Cheers -- Chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   tis...@stackless.com