> On Dec 10, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Eric V. Smith <e...@trueblade.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/10/2017 4:29 PM, Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:
>> On 10 December 2017 at 22:24, Raymond Hettinger
>> <raymond.hettin...@gmail.com<mailto:raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>    Without typing (only the first currently works):
>>         Point = namedtuple('Point', ['x', 'y', 'z'])          #
>>    underlying store is a tuple
>>         Point = make_dataclass('Point', ['x', 'y', 'z'])      #
>>    underlying store is an instance dict
>> Hm, I think this is a bug in implementation. The second form should also
>> work.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I have a bunch of pending changes for dataclasses. I'll add this.
>
> Eric.

Thanks Eric and Ivan.  You're both very responsive.  I appreciate the enormous
efforts you're putting in to getting this right.

I suggest two other fix-ups:

1) Let make_dataclass() pass through keyword arguments to _process_class(), so
that this will work:

    Point = make_dataclass('Point', ['x', 'y', 'z'], order=True)

2) Change the default value for "hash" from "None" to "False".  This might take
a little effort because there is currently an oddity where setting hash=False
causes it to be hashable.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't intended ;-)

Raymond