Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. Please redirect as needed.

I've made a small Python interpreter in Python with runtime AST node semantics
and edit-and-continue. I thought it could make prototyping language changes
more easily and visualize usage before writing them in C.

Its here: https://github.com/asrp/python_terp

So, for example, redefining the for_stmt function in the right scope changes
the behaviour of future for loops at runtime.

Although from discussion I've read in PEPs, actual implementation always look
like a non-issue (which seems like magic to me) so maybe no-one here actually
needs this.

(I really needed edit-and-continue for one of my projects but of course,
running it in this extra interpreter is much too slow.)

asrp