After some additional discussion and cleanup, I've gone ahead and moved
my drafts into place in the main guidelines.  Please let me know if I've
made any mistakes or typos or left out anything important.

However, there is one thing I'm trying to understand about the new
guidelines (which came from one of the submitted drafts, not something
that I wrote).  They say:

"
The following is a very simple spec file for a module building for both
python2 and python3. It builds both versions in the same directory; this
is possible because setuptools uses different build directories for
different python versions and architectures. In addition, python3 will
include the version of the interpreter in the names of generated files,
so the build products don't conflict. (Of course this only works if a
package builds for a single python2 version, which should always be the
case in Fedora.)
"

Which is fine, except that I must be missing something about the second
sentence.  Setuptools in f22 and rawhide (which I know are different
versions) seems to use "build" regardless of which python version is
used to execute setup.py.  Am I misunderstanding what that sentence is
trying to tell me?

For the package I'm using for testing (python-requests) it turns out
that the results of %py2_build and %py3_build are completely identical,
but this might just be coincidence.

 - J<