For those who are interested new (official) mailing list was created (kudos to
Nick
Coghlan and Barry Warsaw). The purpose of the mailing list is to bring together
all folks
from various Linux distro communities to discuss any future (e.g.
usr/bin/python)
or current features (/wave PEP476) affecting our beloved distributions and how
deal with them consistently :-).

Also here is Nick's reasoning:
> With the Python 3 migration, and the growth in interest in user level
> package management for development purposes, what do you think of the idea
> of setting up a new Linux SIG to have those discussions? I know it's a case
> of "yet another mailing list", but I think it will be worthwhile to have a
> clear point of collaboration within the Python ecosystem, rather than
> expecting Pythonistas to know how to reach out to (other) distros directly.

---
Robert Kuska
{rkuska}