On Mon, 20 May 2019, Miro Hrončok wrote:

Hello packagers. During the rebuilds for Python 3.8, we have found out that your package most likely has precythonized C sources.

There was an update to Cython and the C sources needs to be regenerated. In line with Fedora packaging policies and guidelines, this should be done anyway.

What needs to be done:

1. BR python3-Cython
2. figure out what C sources come from Cython sources
  look for: /* Generated by Cython <version> */ on the top of them
  often, all .c files are generated from Cython sources, but not always
3. in %prep, delete those files

If you build for Python 2 and Python 3, I recommend to only BR python3-Cython and not python2-Cython, run %py3_build before %py2_build (Cython produces the same sources on both Python versions).

Some setup.py files have custom detection whether Cython needs to be run, if the above doesn't work alone, examine setup.py and search for "cython".

When you do this, reply to this thread, so we know we should rebuild your package for 3.8 in https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/python/python3.8/

swt2c      python-PyMuPDF

Actually, for python-PyMuPDF, it's worse. PyMuPDF is a python binding for mupdf, a C library. Unfortunately, mupdf insists on not maintaining a stable API and will not provide shared libraries. Thus, the current problem is that mupdf has been updated in Rawhide to 1.15, but upstream PyMuPDF hasn't updated to the new API yet. So, PyMuPDF FTBFS because of that. :(

Scott