On 21. 05. 20 11:52, Miro Hrončok wrote:
There are possible followup rebuilds in play for two particular reasons:

1) The ABI can change between beta releases of Python and all arched Python packages (661) will need a rebuild.

This can happen (but doesn't have to) at:

  - beta 2: 2020-06-08+
  - beta 3: 2020-06-29+
  - beta 4: 2020-07-20+

Source: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0596/#schedule

Anytime during the release cycle, the format (magic number) of bytecode cache (.pyc files) can change. The problems with that are not rawhide-critical, but we don't want to ship wrong bytecode cache in Fedora 33 GA. Hence we'll check the numbers prior beta freeze (2020-08-25) and rebuild what's needed (can be anything between 0 and 3000).

beta 2 was released, immediately followed by beta 3 due to a critical issue (the subsequent betas were relabeled to 4 and 5 accordingly).

We have rebuilt everything in Copr and based on the results, we will now update Python to 3.9.0b3 without rebuilding all the arched Python packages.

--
Miro Hrončok