On 13. 06. 23 14:02, Tomas Hrnciar wrote:
Hello,

in order to deliver Python 3.12, we are running a coordinated rebuild in a side tag.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.12 <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.12>

We anticipate starting this rebuildsometimethis week.

If you see a "Rebuilt for Python 3.12" (or similar) commit in your package, please don't rebuild it in regular rawhideor another rawhide side tag. If you need to, please let us know, so we can coordinate.

If you'd like to build apackageafter we already rebuilt it, you should be able to build it in the side tag via:

on branch rawhide:
$ fedpkg build --target=f39-python
$ koji wait-repo f39-python --build <nvr>

Note that it will take a while before all the essential packages are rebuilt, so don't expect all your dependencies to be available right away. Please, don't attempt to build your package in the side tag before we do. When in trouble, ask here or on IRC (#fedora-python on Libera.Chat). Ping me (thrnciar) or Miro (mhroncok) if you need to talk to us.

Builds: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f39-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0 <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f39-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0>

Please avoid any potentially disturbing or major changes in Python packages until the rebuild is over.

Thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.

FTR it has started.

--
Miro Hrončok