Hello,

I understand this is a dev mailing list, but I’m not sure where to post this
question otherwise.

I’m attempting to write an application that interacts with UDisks2 over DBus
with PyGObject. However, I’m finding that after instantiating the proper
Gio.DBusObjectManagerClient, I seem to be unable to get updates on the
ObjectManager’s state. Am I missing something? The only example code that I
could find that had similar functionality was in udiskie
(https://github.com/coldfix/udiskie), but that application uses Gio.DBusProxy
directly. Is that the recommended approach? My (non-working) proof of concept
code pasted below. It prints the initial set of objects reported by the
‘org.freedesktop.UDisks2’ object manager, but does not print changes (either
via signal or polling) when disks are added or removed.

Thank you,
Hayden Lau

========================
from time import sleep
import gi
gi.require_version('Gio', '2.0')
from gi.repository import Gio

udisks2 = Gio.DBusObjectManagerClient.new_for_bus_sync(
    Gio.BusType.SYSTEM,
    Gio.DBusObjectManagerClientFlags.NONE,
    'org.freedesktop.UDisks2',
    '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2',
    None,
    None,
    None
)

def new_obj_handler(obj):
    print('New Object: ', obj)

def new_iface_handler(obj):
    print('New Interface: ', obj)

def get_paths(objmgr):
    return [obj.get_object_path() for obj in objmgr.get_objects()]

udisks2.connect('interface-added', new_iface_handler)
udisks2.connect('object-added', new_obj_handler)

paths = []
while(True):
    if paths != get_paths(udisks2):
        paths = get_paths(udisks2)