On 2016-10-05 7:34 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 09:02:50PM +0200, Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:

>I agree with Yury here. There are corner cases (like what to do with
>classmethods etc). If behaviour for all of them are specified, it would be
>quite straightforward to implement this.
I don't know... there's a lot of corner cases and I don't think we can
improve them all.

Here's the suggested exception from PyPy:

     TypeError: f() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given). Did you forget
     'self' in the function definition?

What happens if f() takes a mix of positional and keyword arguments?
What if it takes arbitrary positional arguments?

There are also classmethods, staticmethods, and any arbitrary
descriptor. And don't forget ordinary functions too. How will this
affect them?

We can implement this only for bound methods.

Yury