Those are great articles.  One thing that Andrew does recommend would be to
standardize the interface to the sorted containers, and add them to
collections.abc as SortedDict, and SortedSet.

I recently switched from blist to sortedcontainers and it would be nice to
have these standardized going forward.

Another reason to standardize them is for use with the new type checking.

Best,

Neil