On 2016-10-25 00:18, Danilo J. S. Bellini wrote:

Well, see the itertools.accumulate examples yourself then, the ones at
docs.python.org... We can start with something really simple like
interest rates or uniform series, but... before arguing here, please
convince other people to update the Wikipedia:

"Recurrence relations, especially linear recurrence relations, are used
extensively in both theoretical and empirical economics."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrence_relation#Economics
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrence_relation#Economics>

The fact that that page is about recurrence relations supports the position that your proposed change is too specific. Recurrence relations are much more general than just "have access to the previous value". They may have access to any of the earlier values, and/or multiple earlier values. So if what we wanted was to able to use recurrence relations, your proposal would be insufficient.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."