Moreover, when I read "explicit self" is a wart, then I think, "you have absolutely no idea how fantastic 'explicit self' is".

Thus, inferring from a single data-point these seems to be personal "dislike lists".

In this regard, I tend to prefer Guido's one before any others if there is even one.

On 13.01.2017 03:40, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Guido van Rossum writes:

  > AFAIK the term comes from a piece by Andrew Kuchling titled "Python warts".
  > The topic now has its own wiki page:
  > https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWarts
  >
  > I believe that most of the warts are not even design missteps -- they are
  > emergent misfeatures, meaning nobody could have predicted how things would
  > work out.

More like surgical scars than warts, as I see it.