On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What you are think about adding Unicode aliases for some mathematic names
> in the math module? ;-)
>
> math.π = math.pi
> math.τ = math.tau
> math.Γ = math.gamma
> math.ℯ = math.e
>
> Unfortunately we can't use ∞, ∑ and √ as identifiers. :-(

* it duplicates functionality

* I have no idea how to write those chars on Linux; if I did, I'm not sure
it'd be the same on OSX and Windows (probably not)

* duplicated aliases might make sense if they add readability; in this case
they don't unless (maybe) you have a mathematical background. I can infer
what "math.gamma" stands for but not being a mathematician math.Γ makes
absolutely zero sense to me.

* if you really want to do that you can simply do "from math import gamma
 as Γ" but it's something I wouldn't like if I were to read your code

* I generally dislike any non-ASCII API; the fact that Python 3 allows you
to do that should not be an incentive to promote such habit in the stdlib
or anywhere else except in the end-user code, and it's something I still
wouldn't like it except if in comments or docstrings

-1

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com