On 9/20/17, alexandre.gal...@gmail.com <alexandre.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> But i think, as wee need to avoid to talk about any tool name in the PEP,
> we need to avoid to give a code example. The aim of this proposal is to
> have a guideline on minimal metrics to have minimal quality.

Michel Foucault wrote book
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_the_Clinic) which subtitle
is "An Archaeology of Medical Perception".

Imagine that code is organism and quality is health.

Which archaeological era of medical perception is analogous to your
proposal? ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Yupik_shaman_Nushagak.jpg
or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_experiment ?)

PS.
Good analogy is probably heart rate. It is very simple metric which we
could use. And it seems not too problematic to propose range where it
is healthy.

But different kind of software is like different species. (see for
example
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/appendixes/reference-guides/resting-heart-rates
)

And there are development stages! Embryonic bpm is NA (because no
heart) and then much bigger than child's and its bigger than adult's.

Another simple metric could be temperature.

But individual has also different tissues! Different part of body have
different temperature. (We could probably not measure hair's
temperature)

etc, etc...