Yury Selivanov wrote:

[generators and decimal]

> Specifically for decimal: I tried to find bug reports on
> bugs.python.org (found not even one), questions on stackoverflow (IIRC
> I didn't find anything), and used github code search and google
> (again, nothing directly relevant).

I also don't recall any single feature request to change the tls-context
either for generators or for coroutines.

Generators can quickly turn into a labyrinth, and that's not good for
numerical code, which already has enough of its own complexities.

So the decimal examples can be helpful for understanding, but (except
for the performance issues) shouldn't be the centerpiece of the
discussion.

Speaking of performance, I have seen that adressed in Koos' PEP at all.
Perhaps I missed something.

Stefan Krah