Writing scripts for non-developers, in an unmanaged environment (IT cant
push a python install to the system) on windows means running pyinstaller
et. al., on your script, if it has dependencies or not.  Its not worth it to
walk someone through a python install to run a script, let alone installing
optional dependencies.  For linux, you are not limited to the standard
library, but what the distros have packaged - its easy enough to tell a
typical non-developer linux user "apt install python python-twisted, then
run the script".

For deployment to restricted environments, optional dependencies suggested
by python-dev is unlikely to be installed either.  Not that this matters, or
would matter for years, because IME those environments have ancient versions
of python that the developer is restricted to anyways.

And environments with limited internet access ... Bandersnatch on a portable
hard drive.  Not to sound too crass, but there are only so many edge cases
that a third party platform developer can be expected to care about (enough
to bend over backwards to support).

Putting a curated list of "These are good packages that solve a lot of
problems that the stdlib doesn't or makes complicated" on python.org is a
great idea.  Building tooling to make those part of a default installation
is not.