15.04.18 12:49, Alexey Shrub пише:
В Воскресенье, 15 апр. 2018 в 12:40 , Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> написал:
If the problem is that you want to use a single line instead of three
line, you can add a function

Yes, I think that single line with word 'rewrite' is much more readable than those three lines. And yes, I can make my own function, but it is typical task - maybe it must be in standard library?

Not every three lines of code must be a function in standard library. And these three lines don't look enough common.

Actually the reliable code should write into a separate file and replace the original file by the new file only if writing is successful. Or backup the old file and restore it if writing is failed. Or do both. And handle hard and soft links if necessary. And use file locks if needed to prevent race condition when read/write by different processes. Depending on the specific of the application you may need different code. Your three lines are enough for a one-time script if the risk of a powerful blackout or disk space exhaustion is insignificant or if the data is not critical.