On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 11:11:37PM +0800, Thautwarm Zhao wrote:

> I think maybe we can use unicode characters like ≜ (\triangleq) and add the
> support of unicode completion to python repl. The unicode completion of
> editors or ides has been quite mature.

What key combination do I need to type to get ≜ in the following editors
please? I tried typing \triangleq but all I got was \triangleq.

Notepad (Windows)
Brackets (Mac)
BBEdit (Mac)
kwrite (Linux)
kate
nano
geany
gedit

as well as IDLE, my mail client (kmail, Thunderbird or mutt), my web
browsers (Firefox, Opera and Chromium), the interactive interpreter in
various different consoles, my Usenet client (Pan and KNode) and IRC
(pidgin).

Oh, having it work in LibreOffice and GoogleApps too would be nice,
although not essential since I don't often write code in them.

And what decent fonts do I need to install for ≜ to show up as something
other than a square box ("missing glyph")?

--
Steve