07.05.18 12:58, Eloi Gaudry пише:
I didn't mean to replace the current (debug) assert but I wanted to add another one that would allow to be switch on or off on production builds.

The need for a new keyword (not syntax) comes from this difference.

 I cannot think of another example that would convince you of the benefit of having a specific keyword for such a runtime assert.  I do believe that having such a feature in non-debug build is more than interesting but indeed needed.

I just don't understand why you need a new keyword for writing runtime checks.