[Matt Arcidy]
>> Note Tim came up with a real metric:
>> 2 * count(":=")/len(statement).
>> It's objective.  it's just unclear if a higher score is better or worse.
>> However, one could say "a Tim of .3 is considered too high" as a guideline.

[Steven D'Aprano]
> I think Tim was making a joke about demanding objective measurements of
> subjective things.
>
> Certainly he hasn't done any research or study to justify that metric.
> He just plucked the formula out of thin air.

It was the outcome of an intense 17-year research project.

> Or at least no peer reviewed research.

Au contraire!  My peers are here, and that message was reviewed by at
least 3 people on this list.

That said, I am a fan of objectively measuring subjective things, just
not of taking the measurements seriously ;-)

If people do want to take it seriously, check out prior Python art first:

    http://radon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro.html