I thought this thread did a good job of establishing that looking at other
languages
is not going to help with introducing assignment expressions into Python.
It was still
interesting to read.

If we can't copy from other languages (or even agree on *which* languages
to copy),
Python will have to do something novel or give up on this.

I thought, if the thread's dead, it'd be nice to do a bit of bike-shedding
on the end,
but there was no appetite for that.

I'm not the most sensitive guy, and don't really have a sense of how my
posts are
being received, but would appreciate being told if my contribution isn't
especially
welcome.

Best,

-- Carl Smith