> I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here, but you
> quoted that section somewhat out of context.
>
> [...]
>
> That seems directly relevant here. I'm not aware of a "timedelta
> users" community, nor is there a particular package (or set of
> packages) other than the stdlib datetime module, that constitute "best
> of breed" practice when handling timedeltas. So taking my full quote,
> I'd have to say that you seem to have undermined your own proposal
> here.

Yes, that was why I quoted it; I thought I should bring the relevant
parts of the discussion into this, even if they were against this
proposal.

> For what it's worth, I use the datetime module and timedeltas
> regularly, and I [...] don't support the proposal.

That's good to hear, but if you don't mind asking, is your lack of
support because you use timedelta "programatically" instead of
hard-coded time units, or is there a different (or more) reason(s)?

(I'm ready to yield, now I'm just curious.)

Best regards,
Pål Grønås Drange