On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Stephan Houben <stephan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about the following model: you have N Python interpreters, each with
> their own GIL. Each *Python* object belongs to precisely one interpreter.
>
> However, the interpreters share some common data storage: perhaps a shared
> Numpy array, or a shared Sqlite in-memory db. Or some key-value store where
> the key and values are binary data. The interpreters communicate through
> that.

Interesting. The actual concrete idea that I had in mind was an image
comparison job, downloading umpteen billion separate images and trying
to find the one most similar to a template. Due to lack of easy
parallelism I was unable to then compare the top thousand against each
other quadratically, but it would be interesting to see if I could
have done something like that to share image comparison information.

ChrisA