[Chris Angelico]

> Drop the word "function" and it's no longer about a goto - it's about
> a block of code that can be deposited into another context.

The only context I've used goto is in a TI-83 scientific calculator, but in
that, it was just about jumping around to different labels in code and had
nothing to do with functions. Though this may not have been the "canonical"
goto that Dijkstra considered harmful.

[Chris Angelico]

> By the way:

> > It's difficult to see what you're after from your Verb and Morpheme
> example.

> You're responding to MY post, which is a response to Jacob's. Please
> watch your use of pronouns; it would help a lot if you weren't top
> posting, and were directly responding to specific people's specific
> comments.

Sorry, I ran into a lot of problems trying to use the Google Groups
interface to post, so I've resorted to strictly using email. Unfortunately,
that makes the structure of the conversation less obvious to me. I'll try
to be more mindful of this in the future.