On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:08 PM Angus Hollands <goose...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As to the other questions, yes, do we need another module in the standard
> library?

Wouldn't need a new module. This would be a perfect fit for the existing
collections module where namedtuple already resides.

I Googled "pypi namedlist", and the top three results were all other
implementations of named lists or something similar:
- namedlist <https://pypi.org/project/namedlist/>, which I have personally
used and found extremely useful
- list-property <https://pypi.org/project/list-property/>
- mutabletuple <https://pypi.org/project/mutabletuple/>

Clearly the concept is useful enough to have several competing
implementations on PyPI, and to me that is a point in favor of picking an
implementation and adding it to the stdlib as the one obvious way to do it.
So +1 from me.