I agree completely.

I propose Python register a trial of Stack Overflow Teams. Stack Overflow Teams
is essentially your own private Stack Overflow. (I will address the private
part later.) Proposals would be questions and additions or criticism would be
answers. You can express your support or dissent of a proposal using the
voting. Flags and reviews can be used to moderate.

Stack Overflow Chat can be used for quick and casual discussion, and also to
move irregular or irrelevant discussions away from the main site.

Although the Stack Overflow platform is typically used for technical Q&A, there
is precedent for using it as a way to discuss proposals: this is precisely what
Meta Stack Overflow dies and it’s seen decent success.

Anyone can register a @python.org email. Stack Overflow Teams can be configured
to allow anyone with a @python.org email join the python-ideas team.

I’m sure Stack Overflow Inc. is willing to grant Stack Overflow Teams to the
PSF pro bono after the trial period expires.

You can configure stack overflow to get email notifications as well.