On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 2:00 PM Franklin? Lee <leewangzhong+pyt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 11:02 AM Jonathan Goble <jcgob...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:49 AM Robert Vanden Eynde <
> robertv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> About moderation, what's the problem on the list ?
> >

> > The biggest moderation issue I see with mailing lists is the inability
> to lock threads and delete posts (i.e. those that are spam or a Code of
> Conduct violation). Both of those are basic features that are core to
> virtually every forum system in existence today.
>
> Is that really an issue here? I personally haven't seen threads where
> Brett tried to stop an active discussion, but people ignored him and
> kept fighting.

Perhaps not, but part of that might be because stopping an active
discussion on a mailing list can be hard to do, so one might not even try.
Some discussions, I suspect, may have gone on in circles long past the
point where they would have been locked on a forum. With forum software, it
becomes much easier, and would be a more effective tool to terminate
discussions that are going nowhere fast and wasting everyone's time.