>> I am roughing out such a class and some test cases which will hopefully
>> include some cases where the hoped for advantages can be realised.
>>
>> My thinking on bitwise operations is to do the same as arithmetic
>> operations, i.e. (anything op iNaN) = iNaN and likewise for shift
>> operations.
>
> Steve,
>
> While you are extending a number system, can every int be truthy, while
> only iNan be falsey?  I found that behaviour more useful because
> checking if there is a value is more common than checking if it is a
> zero value.

I’m not saying you’re wrong in principle but such a change to Python seems
extremely disruptive. And if we’re talking about robustness of code then
truthiness would be better like in Java (!) imo, where only true is true and
false is false and everything else is an error. If we’re actually talking about
changing the truth table of Python for basic types then this is the logical
next step.

But making any change to the basic types truth table is a big -1 from me. This
seems like a Python 2-3 transition to me.

/ Anders